Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
If It Doesn't Lead To Fun, Don't Do It!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard D. Stafford, Ph.D. on April 3, 2002 20:09:46 UTC

Hi Aurino,
I don't know, I think one has to do some PR if one's ideas are to be taken seriously. At least it demonstrates you have enough confidence in your ideas to be willing to make some sacrifices to promote them.

Sorry Aurino, I gave up on promoting my ideas 20 years ago. That's not what I am doing here. I have more confidence in my ideas than you can comprehend. Enough confidence and understanding to know that the fact that I understand doesn't make one whit of difference. What I could never understand was why such an obvious thing was overlooked by all the "great minds". This forum has been great fun as they have made it clear (particularly Harv) why they cannot see what is right in front of their eyes (so to speak).

To what purpose would any PR be spent? If you truly understood the universe, you would realize that having one's ideas taken seriously isn't something worth pursuing. There are considerably more important things to do. Like playing cribbage!! Now there is a useful pass time.

Have fun -- Dick

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins