Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Don's God

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by The Fade on November 5, 1999 19:24:21 UTC

I am not Don, but your questions of Gods' blessing intrigues me. In the Old Testament, there are many passages of God ordering his "priest" and chieftains to make war and basically exterminate certain people to make way for his people. He also said that he was a jealous God and a loving one. Condridicting? Perhaps to some. He basically said "You do right by me and you will fruitful, do otherwise and you will suffer". God laid down the rules and said what would happen if we didn't. In some cases, according to scriptures, this is indeed the case. America was indeed founded on the primise of Christianity, and many theoloians agree that we have fallen from grace and the blessing of God. I will not argue the point of God's role here in America, having proof is irrelavent. My belief and faith in God is what matters. Your questions of God's blessing is still an interesting one.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins