Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Yes

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Paul R. Martin on April 2, 2002 01:38:32 UTC

Hi Richard,

***could you indicate what extra axioms are used in Dick's theory that are not already in the Peano Axioms.***

There are no axioms whatever in Dick's theory, additional or otherwise. His work is based strictly on the foundation of Mathematical Analysis (the familiar body of mathematics that starts out defining natural numbers, continues with integers, rational numbers, real numbers, and complex numbers, and then develops all the theorems of calculus and differential equations on those numbers. It's the mathematics that Physicists take for granted.)

By the way, this branch of mathematics no longer rests on the Peano axioms. As I explained to Harv, the Peano axioms have been derived as theorems of the more fundamental Axiomatic Set Theory. In fact, all branches of mathematics have now been derived from this basis.

***I am especially interested in how you characterize the shift symmetry used in Dick's analysis.***

I'm sorry that I can't comment on this because I don't know what you are talking about. You need to discuss that directly with Dick.

Warm regards,

Paul

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins