Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
When Is It Not Personal, Aurino?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on March 29, 2002 18:52:25 UTC

Hello
you were telling me great minds discuss ideas,
while others steal the last cup of pudding...right?

Yes, it's Good Friday, and in my view it's a valid marker even from the point of view of good civil government, since it remembers the grave issue of injustice. Now, I do not feel crucified
but should I just ignore statements like this from Harv, which are followed by his statement that definitions don't matter, and then his
relenting when you 'splain it to him again for the umpteenth time?

at www.astronomynet/forums/god/messages/15318.shtml
Harv wrote to me:
"What exactly do you think I am accusing you of? I'm only saying that you are quirky, aggressive, on the lazy side of reasoning through problems, along with being a bad poet. What in that list could you possibly disagree with? "

Now, Aurino, please tell me, since you have weighed in, how should I treat someone who frequently makes statements to me like that?
And is it not true that Harv has shown himlself to be the "lazy reasoner", by disdaining again yesterday
the importance of precise definitions, even after we have discussed it at length, and said everything you just said in several different ways?

Thank you.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins