Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Be Careful!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard D. Stafford, Ph.D. on March 28, 2002 20:58:19 UTC

Hi Richard,

Yes, the comment did come from me!

**No, what I notice is that it is impossible to set up a self consistent closed system of concepts which do not obey those particular laws. A rather surprising result.**

By these particular laws, I assume Dr. Stafford means his final equations. I would hope that Dr. Stafford will comfirm this assumption.

That depends on what you are referring to as my "final equations". Some of the equations are after certain specific approximations; but, barring that confusion, yes I will confirm your assumption.

I am quite sure you have what you think are good counter examples but I am also quite confident that you are in error. In fact, I will tell you exactly what error you are going to make: the system of concepts you are going to present is not going to be closed! Talk to Harv about that issue. It is just possible that he might comprehend what I am talking about.

If so, then I feel challenged to come up with a closed, self-consistent system of mathematical concepts that do not use all of his axioms, or use differenr ones.

In fact, your qualification of "concepts" above by the word "mathematical" already implies that your opening proposal is not a closed set of concepts.

If you do not understand my comment, you do not understand the statement you are trying to disprove.

Have fun -- Dick

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins