Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Huh?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on March 28, 2002 05:50:48 UTC

***I didn't address the person who is complaining that I answered his post.***

Here is an example on why I just cannot take you very seriously when you respond. You absolutely did address me when you said:

***Dear Harv, Regarding sense impressions and their place in the assembly of information...
It goes beyond whether the sense impressions are accurately perceived. Sense impressions are nothing without context and interpretation. Sense impressions are broken down differently for different uses.***

If you really want a response, then here it is:

I agree that sense impressions are interpreted as part of a context-sensitive situation. But, this is beside the point. All of our models, theories, laws, theorems, etc is (ultimately) in response to the sense impressions we have of the world. You can't develop a model that is 'sense impression'-free. Whatever knowledge we have to approach any problem assumes the world we know of having these sense impressions (along with the years of learning and experience having developed in such a world).

***I hardly have any opinion of him at all. I don't believe he represents his real opinion about science, but just keeps stirring the pot without adding anything of his own. Not that there's anything wrong with that!***

You are getting my real opinion. What you don't like (obviously) is that I haven't disclosed personal information (e.g., credit card info, social security numbers, etc.). Sorry if that offends you, but I don't offer personal information because there are many people whom I do not wish to share personal information. For some reason you cannot get over that issue. I suggest that you don't respond to my posts and I won't respond to your posts (you are generally rude and I don't like to correspond with rude people, I'm too easily provoked to be rude to rude people - which is generally not my style nor do I like it to be).

Take it easy, Harv

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins