Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Appreciate That, Dr. D And Harv

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alan on March 27, 2002 11:05:45 UTC

Thank you all for your consideration.

Harv, some or all of my brothers did philosophy of science at University. Thanks to their books, I see where you are coming from and that you raise serious issues. Those issues will still have to be considered at some stage. Your idea of starting from scratch; pre-math, pre-logic, know-nothing: that is exactly my approach (I thought: start from the most basic: Existence; and work back to where the physicists are up to)(actually the beginning is the ending).

But I think what might work here for now, is to place the philosophical issues aside momentarily, but keeping track of their potential role; and to focus just technically on what Dr. Dick has done from a purely practical job-doing perspective.

My problem is I don't have a computer; it costs me to participate in this; I have little money; but I don't give up as I am certain Dr. Dick is at least trying a very interesting idea and actually has found something very interesting.

I admit I throw some apparently wildly speculative ideas in to the mix; connecting patterns that may not seem justifiably connected. I trust my gut instincts a lot because they have delivered fantastic discoveries to me in the past.

Maybe I may not need to learn a lot of hard math; because I just contacted recently the second, and highly qualified, mathematician that I gave Dr. Dick's work on disc to.

He has looked at the disc. I was inclined to think that Dr. Dick would have to hire an expert to fully examine his work technically. So I was taken by surprise when I asked the mathematician if he could locate any errors, and especially check the Dirac and Schrodinger derivations; and he said he would get on to it right away!

I don't know what he will find, I hardly know him; he is recently retired and I understand very highly qualified. Hopefully some progress will come from this.

If physicists are missing something that Dr. Dick has found; I sure would like them to realise it as soon as possible. It may make it an easier subject for students who find it difficult because it is poorly thought out.

Regards,

Alan

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins