Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
One Clarification

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on March 26, 2002 04:29:22 UTC

Dick,

Let me make one other clarification to a remark that you made:

***Let me ask the question again. If you are going to be given a problem some time in the future (and you have absolutely no clue as to what that problem is going to be) is there anything you can do which you feel will prepare you to solve that problem? Do you understand that question? The answer is simple; it is either yes or no!***

I should have answered your question. The answer at 6:01AM (1 minute after being born) is that you have no idea that there is a problem with inductive reasoning so there is no reason to feel prepared to solve a future problem.

Now, tell me how you come to care about this question and what important steps led you to formulate an answer to the problem. Start from scratch. You know nothing about math, nothing about logic, etc. Give it to me step by step.

You know how I think, now I want to know how you think. Take us there as if we are baking a cake and you are telling us how to do it.

Warm regards, Harv

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins