Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Good Thoughts.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Paul R. Martin on March 15, 2002 17:15:13 UTC

Hi Richard,

You are a good example of what I think people should be doing:

1. You actively think for yourself trying to understand your relationship to God.

2. You apply your gift of reason in an attempt to make sense of that relationship.

3. You try to lead your life consistent with your concept of your relationship to God,

and most importantly,

4. You are not trying to start a religion based on the conclusions you have come to (at least I hope not).

I happen to agree with many of the conclusions you have reached. I also can interpret some of the more ambiguous things you say to align exactly with some of the things I believe (which I cannot articulate with any less ambiguity). The consideration of your opinions enriches my own and I think it is beneficial to share them. But at the first hint that someone might pick up on any of these ideas and organize a religion around them, we should immediately clam up, and then put our utmost effort into squelching the effort to organize any religious cult. (All religions start out as cults.)

Warm regards,

Paul

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2018 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins