Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
When Extant Issues Are Inverted...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Box Holder on March 15, 2002 00:14:14 UTC

Mel,
This is what Dr. Dick wrote:
"If you find problems with the differences I propose for the meanings of definition and assignment in the context of my work, we should discuss issues very carefully."

Ahem...
Yes, it has been one of my on-going contentions, in the face of my co-workers' denial of where I work, that careful discsussion is necessary about the issues of meanings and definitions ... not excluding *assignment* as an issue as well, of course.
In code-breaking, one of the most important levels of astbraction is the concept of permission to view previous attempts to break that code. Aha, you probably didn't intend to go there, did you? The definitions that mathematics and cultural idiom can be understood to have their assignment will nonteheless have meaning to someone unfamiliar with the idiom or math, if they can consult with someone. The universe itself is written in a code which to be break, will have meaning to whomsoever wrote it.
Which if the cultural idiom and the meaning which was assigned, if we can find someone to whom consult with who is not using a different idiom, from which the meaning is different. Example: If the Russell-Herzsprung sequence were not an idiom, it nonetheless could reveal something of it's writer, even if it is an idiom.
The math, more closely you watch it, becomes a code-breaker for who's telling the truth. The colors of stars, their plenitude, and which ones are where. So if someone gives you a read of the code which conflicts with that, it is wise to look up the astonomy of the stars first, and not believe 'til you know them or they make a star, whichever is first.
Thank up.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins