Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Seven Principles Of Propaganda

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by M.W.Pearson on March 12, 2002 00:39:59 UTC

David Comey was known in the trade journal "Nuclear Industry" as "the most formidable -- because perhaps the most rational or at least the most sharply focusing -- foe of nuclear power."

When I compare his story,
(written by Kenneth Brower in Omni, November 1979)
to the other scientists on this list,
it appears we are devolving. And I'm not even a foe of nuclear power. But at least the guy had integrity.

In the following, all parentheses are mine.
Anyway, Comey's Seven Principles of Propaganda
(based on R.H.S. Crossman's same) are:
1) The basis for all successful propaganda is the truth (which some here would change to "the appearance of truth since nobody cares")

2) The key to successful propaganda is accurate information.

3) The most successful propagandist is one who cares about education (not just education dollars).

4) To do propaganda well, one must not fall in love with it. (like Randy Radio does)

5) A successful propagandist cannot afford to make mistakes.

6) The propaganist must be credible to the other side, not your own.

7) It is the understatement that succeeds best.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins