Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
To Begin With

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on March 11, 2002 14:53:56 UTC

My religious observance has several phases.

It is mostly done while walking in accordance with the first Jewish commandment to chant while walking by the way, and also while driving. I also use it (via internal dialogue) when waking, and retiring.

Phase#1: Cleansing using angels names from the Kaballah to disintegrate and sweep away all negativity.

Phase#2: Repetition of the primary jewish mantra ending in the Lord's prayer which feeds directly into the Buddhist mantras for cleansing and light stimulation in the chakras, chanted to Ave Maria, and ending with the Holy Rosary

Phase#3: Chanting the 96 names of god derived from symmetric extension of Ha Ra Ye Na Ma Ha, (the principle Hindu mantra of god) to include Va, Ra, and Ya, the sounds of the Mother God in Hinduism and Buddhism. These names seem to include christianity and judiasm, EG., Ha Ve ya na ma ha and Ya Ve ha na ma ha and Ye Hu Va na ma ha, but I have not been able to associate any of the 96 with Islam. Na ma ha means 'of me' or 'of my own' in Sanskrit.

In order to do all these chants, I need to race-walk a half-marathon, or drive for 4 hours. While at rest, at waking or retiring, I do Phase#3 in conjunction with Pranayama, or 4-fold breathing, using my finger tips to feel the energy stimulated in 16 chakras in 3 vertical columns. Pranayama usually requires closing one nostril or the other. But since my finger tips are otherwise employed, I instead use snoring on breath intake and exhale, which in Hinduism is said to be equivalent to blocking the nostrils. Bet you did not know that snoring was a sign of spirituality!!!

BTW- the first christian commandment "To have no other gods before me" is given in a different part of the Old Testament. It implies the existence of many gods. Whereas the first Jewish commandment (and mantra) "Listen, Israel, the lord thy god is one. You shall love the lord thy god with all your heart with all your soul and with all your might" makes it clear that there is one god. It was favored by Jesus who was of course Jewish

Regards,

Richard

PS: I will write the explicit words used in any phase if you are interested.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins