Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Will Look At The References Soon..but First, This Message

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by M.W.Pearson on March 9, 2002 22:33:13 UTC

Ya wrote:
"Please let us know why you deny such a obvious European failing."

I have resisted giving Europeans credit or blame since the group is quite diverse and was not hung together corporately in most ways when all these things happened.

Additionally, due to migration patterns in prehistory, even the most numerous European ethnic groups are actually a mix of descendants from the Middle East, West Central Asia, Mongolia, and Northern Africa. Who mentions the Spanish troops entirely eliminating
the prehistoric blonde and red-haired persons of the tribe who populated the Canary Islands (off the coast of Africa) in 1492. Just a few, like National Geographic magazine. Did it happen? Who did it? Shall we call them European, or were they a mix of Arab and Mediterranean following the centuries of Arabian presense in Spain? Well, I sure would not blame any of my friends who happened to be Arab. They didn't do it.

A nation, as I have said before, is bound together by its laws, contracts, commerce and beliefs.
No legal or scientific standard of blur would allow convicting "Europeans" of what you described. Who is liable and who is responsble can indeed be examined with rigor, and in matters of accusation concerning mass murder, the rigor should be the greatest. Further, in considering this as a point of law, we should consider the times in which those events occurred, and what happened before them. Conquests had frequently been carried out ruthlessly.
And by the way, as recently as the middle 1900s, the numbers killed in Asia by Asians exceeded the numbers killed in Europe by Europeans.
So are you going to use a double standard or the same standard for every group in history who ever conquered or committed foul maltreatment of persons? Are you going to establish who was actually at fault, personally or corporately, and extend the same rule of law to every nation or corporation in an ex post facto manner?
Or just muddle around.

I'm dropping this note after restating the basic thesis...that matters as weighty as this must be treated with t he greatest completeness, proportion, with theories of causality and rules of evidence held to account at the highest level we can muster. Or else you must give (region) back to the (tribe which held it before) !

Sincerely,
Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins