Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Regarding These Religious Questions About Jesus Etc.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by M.W.Pearson on March 9, 2002 21:48:51 UTC

Ya wrote:
"If I remember correctly the subject was that Jesus came for the Jews, at least in his mind as determined by what he is said to have said in the new testament.

I gave you another chance to respond, but again you failed- to respond that is. "

Ya, we have discussed many subjects touching on this. I have written quite a lot about it. This was far from the only topic.

Ya wrote:
"So do you agree that Jesus came for the Jews and that his teachings have been corrupted by Paul and Constantine?"

His teachings are still there to be read... anyone may do something in the name of something else, but that cannot disprove its abstract integrity. If I brandished a gun, disheveled hair and wild eyes, and yelled the solution for quadratic equations
" - b + or - the square root of (b squared - 4ac) ...all over 2a ! " that would not disprove the formula.
His teachings are still there to be read...maybe not all of them. One could in good conscience extrapolate from what he said...whether right or wrong. Surely he referred to a Samaritan
as being one's neighbor, whom one should love
as one's self.

In Revelations it says noone should add or subtract to/from Scripture...but considering the brevity of it and how difficult it would be to discuss or interpret without violating that, I mostly disregard it.

Ya wrote:
"after reading the same thesis over and over again, I then decided to become a Jew."

I just hope you will be the kind of Jew who believes in continual improvement in learning, and would see that the resistance Jesus faced,
even when just being a good friend and healer,.
can come from authorities anywhere.

"Jew" is a word which can be loaded with emotional connotation, good for some and bad for others. It can also be like the name of a flower,
metaphor for innocently shining a bright spot in the cosmos or Creation. I don't quite believe someone has to be a Jew to be good in my estimation, but I know they can be a Jew and be good in my estimation...

Ya wrote:
"Right now my daily practice incorporates Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism and Christianity. As previously mentioned I have not figured how to incorporate Islam. "

Would you some time write how this daily practice is done? I caution you that it is better to keep some secrets so the wiring of the world does not intrude on your necessary time of inner solitude, but if you devise an indirect story or fable which conveys the ambience that would be better for me.

How about incorporating what we know of Neuroscience..and maybe what's still pertinent of the White Goddess religion of old Europe and nature meditation, such as imagining the life of other life forms et al.?

Sincerely,
Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins