Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Here We Ago Again... My Turn.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by S.H. Le on November 4, 1999 21:43:43 UTC

"Okay then I guess you better get out the raid can because here it is. I am not saying that I don't believe that god created the universe but I'm not saying he is either. I don't think there is data either way to actually tell, but what I am saying is 95% of the world takes the easy way out in saying that the universe was created by god. Now how much effort did that take. You don't have to wonder how did it actually started because you believe that god or another entitie(excuse spelling) created evrything and no other explanation of how the universe got there is needed. It is like walking through a maze but instead of trying to solve it you just "make up" your own path and cut through the sides. Beleiving that god created the universe is like trying to find how many licks it takes to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie and taking a big bite out of it (Excuse the somewhat childish expression I am only 13). By the way, what makes you believ in god. Do you just believe how you were brought up by your parents. Your parents believed in god so you do also. Now try and answer this. Would you still believe god created all if you were Raised athiest?"

Now I think you've meandered into the realm of free will, I think. I say this because I don't think that whether or not being raised in a different environment would change your character, is really relavent to whether or not God exists. It's nature vs. nurture.

P.S. Already questioning the world @ 13, eh? That's always good to see.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins