Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
On The Contrary, Part Two...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Box Holder on March 8, 2002 23:37:36 UTC

Ya wrote:
"the one prayer he gave to us has us wishing for his kindom to come to earth."

That assessment is a cliche' in the mould of Harvey's dubious profundities of "classical mediocrity."

1) All his sayings were transmitted by someone else. That was his mode for what "he gave to us."
2) At least a few other prayers by him come to mind immediately. "Father, if it be thy will, let this cup pass away from me." and "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do."
Harv comes to mind here too...he is like an albatross of gobbledegook. But it's been a good forum much of the time.
3) Since you deny Christianity in favor of
Jewishness, do you really mean the quote above, where you say he has "us" (including you) "wishing for his kingdom to come to earth"?

This "identity thing" has many dimensions.
To say I broke all the rules of decent behavior, as you did in another post, tells me you don't know much about being decent. That is what it tells me. If you were just kidding, that would explain it.

Regards

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins