Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Very Relevant Observations

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alan on March 5, 2002 08:06:00 UTC

Hi Harv,

Thank you for those very relevant observations.
I should say that my 'math games' were very basic and the possibility of physics patterns appearing was largely speculative based on how it seemed the exercise could proceed.

The piece about Norman Bloom is an appropriate cautionary tale; some may apply it to the scientists even? Although that doesn't seem reasonable. I have been aware of the "coincidence" issue; but as Dick is playing some kind of numbers game, it seems necessary to look at numbers games to find the one he plays.

Actually his method may even be about the very issue/ problem of coincidence. Trying a numbers game is not something I spent much time on; it was just one thing that occured to me in trying to figure out his method (which uses math so is a numbers game).

I often get ideas; and though aware of the possibility of coincidental correlations with physics ideas; I let the ideas interact with physics and see what happens.

thanks,

-Alan

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins