Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
U.S. Had Killed Millions Of Native Americans

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on March 1, 2002 15:55:38 UTC

Dear Michael,

I am afraid that it is true. Starting with Columbus, the Europeans killed millions of natives. For references and a disturbing discussion of the subject please read the book by Cabot-Zinn on american history. Of course you will just brand him as a comunist. However, as he and I have lived in the same town for many years I can vouch for his patriotism.
-----------------------------------------
Regarding my political persuasion. I have been a life long democrat and never a communist. My secret and top secret clearances can vouch for that statement.
-----------------------------------------
And while on the subject, I held a top secret clearance with yearly lie detictor tests until 1990 when I was black-balled from military work for preventing the deployment of the space based kinetic kill system. After losing my job, and having nothing else to lose, I attended a 420 celebration on the Boston Common where I ran into 2 friends from Connecticut. We indulged, me for the very first time. They left me with their pipe and a few buds. Later on that evening I was arrested in a parking lot for having the pipe and buds. Spent the night in jail. The judge fined me $35 and let me go. The was the beginning and end of my career in drugs, except for booze and tobacco. Funny, the lab tests showed negative for the buds. So perhaps I did not indulge after all. Or the police indulged and replaced them with inert substances.
-------------------------------------------
I gave up tobacco when I found out that cigarette smoke contains a radioactive substance, polonium. According to the science section of the NY Times, smoking 1/2 pack of cigarettes is equivalent to more than a chest x-ray. That cannot be true or we would all be dead by now. But it was enough to stop me from smoking tobacco.
----------------------------------------
Regarding my Patriotism, I can point to several pieces of evidence showing that I have more patriotism than the average US citizen. To begin with I had the leading appointment to West Point, from Connecticut Senator Prescott Bush, the grandfather of our president. Secondly, even though I did not get into West Point because of poor eyesight, I spent my career working for the Army on ICBM defense. Finally, when the US was about to deploy a system that was inherently vulnerable, that the Russians could easily shoot down, and which would probably start WWIII as a result, I gave up my career to point out the inherent vulnerability and prevented its deployment. The result is that Greg Canavan from Los Alamos invented the system called Brilliant Pebbles, which the one now being proposed for deployment. Brilliant Pebbles is not vulnerable. Greg acknowledges that my work was instrumental in his invention.

In addition for all my adult life and as a teenager I have participated in american revolutionary martial music, first in Connecticut and then in Massachusetts. Before I arrived in Mass there were only two such corps and no Minutemen units with martial music. My lifelong goal has been to create robust fife&drum music in Mass primarily in the Minutemen units that reorganized for the Bicentennial. Now the best such musicians come from Mass rather than Conn and the fife&drum has become a convention drawing card in Boston.

So my patriotism is without blemish. Can you say the same. I think not.

Regards, Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins