Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
It Is Not A Matter Of Being Perfect

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on February 23, 2002 06:09:54 UTC

Mario,

***Yeah, Harv isn't perfect. It often takes a lot of effort to get anywhere in inter-Harv debates. I'm not perfect. Inter-Mario debates often end when I lose interest and abandon the topic prematurely. Something isn't perfect. Inter-Something debates always end when people give up in exasperation.***

I take issue to this statement. Arguments are often complex and require thorough reasoning to be able to understand more elaborate ones. We have hardly been involved in any substantial discussion (e.g., what is done regularly within the philosophical community).

People like Mike are simply reverting to ad hominem argumentation and these are totally without merit. The only reason I even bother responding to such b.s. is because I feel a duty to defend myself against such logical fallacies. I have to agree with something that Alex said when a few weeks ago. From what I can tell, Mike has not posted even one valid and enlighting post that should be taken serious (and I don't feel I am exaggerating). Until he can show otherwise, I don't take him seriously. He only knows how to use logical fallacies and the use of (poor) poetry and that's it.

Warm regards, Harv

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins