Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
This Is A Sensible And Testable Hypothesis

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Residential on February 21, 2002 07:24:15 UTC

Dear Harv,
Not only have you turned scienc on its head, but religion too! What is religion, after all, but science turned on its head!

If there is a Nobel Prize for literature, You have not only won it, but reinvented it as well !

Previously I was confused about who would help me understand, but I now I am undecided again, not any more. Please don't quote me on this, or tell them who sent you, but there is actually a college with your name, spelled the same!

And he, the college, happens to be both religious and a liberal arts college with a kind of science curriculum. And until you said that, I could have been more confused than before. Thank you ever so much.

The road of an atheist is paved with doubts and the agony of thinking about other things, but he has to pretend he enjoys the company of persons who believe. The road of a religionist is paved with faith, but the aetheist cannot see it because his road is opaque to the other road. If an intelligent person does not believe because he is too proud, then the religionist must make up the difference in faith. Sometimes the indirect method works best. Pretend to believe when you don't and pretend not to believe when you do. Then whomsoever is talking with you, can listen and learn. So I better close now.

Something

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins