Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: ATTENTION CREATIONISTS, BIBLICAL LITERALISTS

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Lee on November 2, 1999 22:15:25 UTC

: Is this symbolic? or an untruth?

: 9:1 Then Job answered and said, 2 I know [it is] so of a truth: but how should man be just with God? 3 If he will contend with him, he cannot answer him one of a thousand. 4 [He is] wise in heart, and mighty in strength: who hath hardened [himself] against him, and hath prospered? 5 Which removeth the mountains, and they know not: which overturneth them in his anger. 6 Which shaketh the earth out of her place, and the pillars thereof tremble. 7 Which commandeth the sun, and it riseth not; and sealeth up the stars. 8 Which alone spreadeth out the heavens, and treadeth upon the waves of the sea. 9 Which maketh Arcturus, Orion , and Pleiades, and the chambers of the south. 10 Which doeth great things past finding out; yea, and wonders without number.

It's meanings are ambiguous, as are many bible passages. In essence, the bible can mean whatever you want it to mean, as long as there is a shred of evidence to support it. Believe what you like, freedom of independent thought is a right I prize above all others. However, I refuse to be ruled by such superstition.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins