Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Constructive Conflict

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on February 3, 2002 06:07:10 UTC

I love conflict, but not mean-spirited conflict.

"It's good to look for trouble. It is honest work."

Aye. I never meant to say that probing in an way potentially disturbing to the probee was a bad thing. It's always interesting to throw a firecracker into a lake to see what comes floating up. (figuratively, of course.) As long as the prober is looking for something. If you're being silly and asking questions with no meaning or purpose, then it's irritating. If you're being angry and openly insulting someone with little reason to back up the onslaught, then it's hateful. Both are destructive and detrimental to this forum. Open discourse is not. Most everyone here means well. And I do see where Aurino is coming from, to a certain extent. But you've got to keep calm. Saying to someone "You know, you've really got to stop doing that." Is a far cry from "Who the hell do you think you are? I'm not even going to bother reading your posts anymore." That is, conflict with the intention to improve or have fun is one thing, conflict with the intention to destroy is another.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins