Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Would Love To Buy It, But It's B*S* (I Mean That Nicely)

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by M.W.Pearson on February 2, 2002 23:39:45 UTC

A proposal concludes this note...to be ignored ?
I think Luis Hamburgh made a good point -- it's in the ballpark, if not 100 percent exact... and of course I am not implying he agrees with the following:

Harv says:
> The accusation was mean and I think reflects negatively on the person who said it.

I believe we're talking about the accusation that Harv is ruining the forum. Harv thinks that reflects negatively on the person who said it.

However . . . When Alex said virtually the same thing 10 ways about Mike, Harv said that Alex is nice and fair, and basically that Alex only bites people who bite him first.
Then Harv said that Mike was discouraging others from posting...no, Harv did not condescend to argue with Mike's logic -- After two months of Mike's posts, Harv just objected to Mike's multiple user names, at the same time saying that names do not matter. Confusing.

Harv writes long, long comments.

Each person could be critiqued for their writing style, and the worst thing about that, I think, would be that for some it would not be used honestly but would be used for verbal assault without redeeming logical value.
That's why I can't propose it, not because we can't handle a little good criticism.

It would be refreshing to see short, pithy statements.
ie. answering"
1) What are your five favorite equations and why?
2) How can you tell B*S* in this discussion from useful thought (pose five universal rules)
3) Howe important are the theologies or atheisms of persons who founded basic sciences or discovered major equations, and why?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins