Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
My Hypothesis Comes From Readings In Eastern Religions

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on January 30, 2002 23:09:14 UTC

In particular the view that everything is consciousness, and that what we humans perceive is illusion. This view is consistent with the all-fields interpretation of quantrum mechanics if we identify consciousness and god as well with uncollapsed wave functions or fields.

In the all-fields or all-waves interpretation, what really exists are the quantum waves; and particles are a math approximation that describes the interaction of different types of fields, like photons with electrons. The particle approximation is accurate for very brief periods of time, akin to a Planck time. Yet it is all that most humans can perceive. So what we perceive hardly exists in terms of time of existence. That is the illusion or mana.

I agree that describing consciousness as the latest scientific revelation or invention is what I am doing. But people who ascribe consciousness to god are doing the same thing assuming that they do not have a source of information outside of themselves. You and I have experiences a hint of an external source of info. I am willing to believe the the eastern mystics who get such information through meditation tap into a real source of information.

So their description of consciousness, in my opinion, correlates with consciousness being uncollapsed quantum waves and our visible consciousness are then collapsed quantum waves.

It also correlates well with my experience of my imagination. When I think of a circle, I use the word circle and then imagine a circle in my consciousness. What I think is happening is that using words communicates with my unconscious, invisible quantum mind and it collapses waves into a circle that I can barely perceive. Will and feelings or emotions also are means to communicate with the invisible consciousness, in either direction, in this hypothesis.

So I guess the major difference between us is that I want as much as possible to be a realist, whereas you seem to prefer duality.

Regards,

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins