Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: ATTENTION CREATIONISTS, BIBLICAL LITERALISTS

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Abraham Smith/">Abraham Smith on November 2, 1999 02:04:35 UTC

: this message was originally intended for "the Fade" but due to his inability to reply, and the increase in bible fanatics that take every word literally on this forum, I pose this question (only those that acknowledge the existence of scientifics facts at all need reply):

(AS)My first question to you would be, what do you consider to be scientific facts? May scientific facts point to intelligent conclusions?

: the fade said something about how scientists have discovered remnants of the legendary "arc" and how the world wide flood actually occured.

: Demosthenes: : Are you suggesting that the story of Noah's arc is literally true? How could one begin to execute the enormous task of bringing a : single pair of every species on the planet, plus food to feed them, plus preventing them from killing each other, plus plants, plus : sunlight to keep the plants alive? Furthermore, where would all the water come from to flood the entire world? Where did it all go : after the flood? And might I add, the effects of inbreeding are very detrimental. : I find this story to be very problemmatic for creationists.

(AS)Are you asking whether all of the above could be accomplished without God's assistance when the whole of the story is based on the will of God? If this is the gist of your question, it is really irrational. If God is real, why could he cause and or assist all the above results that you ask? Please answer!!

: I think Noah's arc is simply a story intended to teach a lesson. Take it for what it is, and not absolute fact. This applies to the bible as a whole

(AS)If you can not answer the above challenge, you are not in a position to conclude that the Bible's account of the flood is fiction.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins