Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Please Categorize Me

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on January 29, 2002 22:48:24 UTC

I believe that thoughts occur on 2 levels. One level is the physical brain where all consciousness comes from macroscopic quantum processes ala Frolich, and our visible and auditory consciousness comes from collapse of the quantum waves.

So on the physical level we have both thinking via a classical computer, the visible and auditory consciousness, which can work out problems using words and visualization-

And we also have on the physical level a quantum computer that can solve problems unconsciously.
In both cases the thinking is done with ordinary particles, albeit rather special particles, rather membrane dipoles, that behave as a macroscopic BEC (which happens according to Frolich when we are awake and supply the dipoles with sufficient energy to from a BEC).

In my opinion thoughts also occur on what might be called a non-physical level, although the particles involved, which I think are axions, are just as physical as electrons and protons, just more invisible. Axions have spin and are at rest. So they are automatically a BEC. The spin direction of the axions couple into dipole direction, presumably in the reverse process as well, dipoles couple into axion spin direction.

This level and its axions exist in dark matter. It allows for remote sensing, and maybe for dreaming, at least lucid dreams. I would think of it as the seat of the soul. Again there is both unconscious and conscious thoughts in this level, depending on whether the quantum waves are collapsed.

Now as Paul puts it, this is mostly guesswork, but guesswork that is not inconsistent with known physics.

So the question is, since I am not cognizant of the meanings of various labels, does this set of beliefs make me a dualist, a realist, an idealist, or something else. This is a serious question. I would like to know what I am.

Regards, Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins