Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Imaginary Time

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on January 28, 2002 15:56:12 UTC

Bruce,

In the original form of string theory, the 26-d version, there are 2 time dimensions (Learned that from the Witten, Schwarz, Green book). Using ordinary complex variable theory to represent these 2 dimensions, one would be real and the other imaginary. Does not matter which is real. IT's just a way to represent 2 dimensions.

Now I believe you may be hearing this for the first time on this forum. But it occurs to me that Hawking's imaginary time and the beginning of his real time universe may in some small way support the initiation of a new universe from a 26-d unified field in which time can be both real and imaginary.

I am of the opinion that the universe has 26 dimensions. That seems to be a minority view in physics these days. Bruce, assuming that you are still a student, PhD student I also presume, would you try this idea (Hawking time/26-D universe) out on your professors (you once previously mentioned doing so in a post on my esoteric stuff).

Regards, Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins