Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: The Fade Replies...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Tön on November 1, 1999 21:40:06 UTC

: I do indeed believe the "Flood" happened...but let's get something clear on what I believe to be true. The flood was not Global, but local. It is hard for even me to believe that the whole world was flooded. But recent evidence dictates that there was a massive flood in the Mediteranian (can't spell that one) sea and outline areas. If this were to happen, the wildlife and human population would be literlly wiped out. It would take years to re-populate spieces in an area devasted by a large spread flood. If it were global, it would probably take thousands of years to re-populate what was lost. No..the flood was local not global. The flood story was surrounded by the "known" world during Noah's time. Once the flood receded, other peoples came and the animals reproduced in that area only. There is evidence of no global flood in North America, Australia, or even China, but there is in the area I mentioned. As for the flood story...we may be interpeting it totally wrong. Also I am greatly interested in the Sodom & Gommorah site. There is positive evidence of several meteor strikes in the general area. Scientist have concluded that the strikes happened in the approximate time of Abraham. I will say this...there are many biblical events that I believe were metaphors to tell a story. The book of Job is a good example. ________

They are finding evidences that it could be the Black Sea. It was once a fresh water lake until...burst...salt above and fresh below...glug...glug. Meanwhile back in China, Lau Tsu says...way too much Christian verbage in this forum...sigh.

Tön

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins