Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Shocking Info. On "evil"

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alan on January 27, 2002 04:57:17 UTC

Dr. Dick's comments on "evil" are curious.

Here is a strangely "scientific" perspective:

As a newborn infant, I sensed "evil", a "physical evil presence". Very shocking stuff; yet I can deduce that the "presence" would have been associated with an adult human (who, as adult humans tend to be, no doubt appeared like a "living corpse"- i.e. lacking the hyper-space aliveness present in the infant).

Probably it may have been associated with the human about to carry out some terrible act, some gross violation of the laws of nature, as humans tend to do because of their ignorance and mythologies.

Possibly such a "physical evil presence" was detected prior to the medical mutilation of circumcision; a procedure nowadays consigned more and more to the dustbin of medical mumbojumbo.

The point is this: a newborn infant may detect a physical threat to himself, by a creature in a state of ignorance and not in synch. with the Cosmos, as something involving a physical evil presence.

Wheteher I like it or not, this backs up Dr. Dick's contention of a relationship between "evil" and "stupidity". Medicine today now regards some procedures once carried out routinely; as "stupid".

However, why the stupidity?

The theological view of evil comes in here: denial and evasion of existent truth. But it's like you can not judge- evil seems to be something that vapourises the moment you shine a light on it.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins