Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Prove?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on January 24, 2002 21:41:41 UTC

Aurino,

There is no proof possible. To have a proof we would all have to have a set of axioms that we agree on that are strong enough to deduct my conclusion. No such luck.

***What Harv is saying is that God exists only inside his mind. Which is the same thing you are saying! I couldn't agree more with both of you.***

A great deal is in my mind (including you, but I have good reason to think you are real). We must infer the existence of everything we experience directly, and we also infer the existence of things we don't experience direclty (e.g., everyone on this forum). This inference process is the core of philosophy (i.e., making correct inferences, considering how our inferences could be mistaken, etc).

The existence of God is no different. We must infer God's existence and determine whether we think there is reason to accept this belief as part of our philosophical beliefs of the world (as we do with many other philosophical beliefs).

Warm regards, Harv

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins