Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Science Ignores Certain Facts

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on January 23, 2002 15:21:12 UTC

Science is biased against any fact to is not easily understood with current scientific thinking. I particular I refer to the human remote sensing experiments researched at Stanford Research Institute SRI and published in the IEEE. Science as a whole has diliberately ignored these results. They do so because those results are the best available evidence that consciousness can exist outside of the human body.

If these results were accepted, it would open a pathway to support religious thinking. A former boss of mine at AERL, Arthur Kantrowitz, who is now at Dartmouth College, led the effort to neglect those results; and unfortunately he was quite successful. Nowadays you cannot get money to even prove that the results were incorrect. The whole subject area has become taboo.

So the scientists who are in control of science only allow for experiments that support the present scientific view of reality.

Same goes for energy technology. At MIT the oil lobby is so strong that research on alternate fuels are discouraged. The list of inherent biases goes on and on. Sometimes the motive is philosophical. For example, Arthur thought he was leading the charge against creationism. And other times the motive is sheer greed.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins