Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
"Explains" Is A Merry-go-round

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alan on January 22, 2002 09:27:58 UTC

"Explains" is a merry-go-round; as Richard Stafford can surely tell you. And when you exit the circularity of a dictionary, you return to ostensive definitions originating in the comparing and matching of patterns.

"Maths explains" is another merry-go-round; when you say that maths is all you need; that's like saying a dictionary is all you need. But of course that explains nothing, just leaves you with another merry-go-round.

Sure, interesting about how moving charge relates to electric/ magnetic fields and Lorentz transformations; and how "objects" are solutions to mathematical equations. But isn't this just a kind of circular mathematical dictionary?

What does it explain really?

Exit the math-dictionary and you have to return to your relationship to these math-objects.

I am improvising here, only just thought of the idea that math may be like a circular-dictionary; not sure that's fair on math.

I think it must be "as you judge (reality), so you are judged (by reality)."

Until you recall your newborn infancy; you are lacking data regarding God it appears.

When you act, God acts; lets you be, lets you act; breathes you out of the false vacuum.

Why bother imaging etc.? Pattern matching: I found a match between infant knowledge of "....." and what Christianity teaches is "God" ("Love/ Existence").

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins