Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Statistics

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Jeremy Cole on January 21, 2002 23:02:03 UTC

Just a couple of statistics I've come across in the past supporting the Hand of God in Creation:

To get a feel for the numbers here, there are approximately 9.5x10^18 seconds in 5 billion years

I can't remember the guy's exact name, but some guy theorized that anything with a chance of 1:10^50 in occuring is statistically impossible

Statisticians have also predicted that the chance of man just becoming what he is from chaos is 1:10^2,000,000,000 that's one in ten to the TWO BILLIONTH POWER, for those of you who like drama

assuming these statistics are credible in your eyes, that makes human evolution from chaos impossible about 40 million times over

someone once told me that they can't prove that god doesn't exist because you can't prove a negative, while there are some serious logic flaws in the latter part of that statement, the point of it is not lost on me. However, an evolutionist assumes that all is within the scope of the human mind because all is natural; I say to you, prove to me every law you have, without error, explain to me the various anomalies we've witnessed throughout our very small percentile of observation in this galaxy, and I would consider them right.
I don't expect you to bother trying to explain all your views on this topic to me, but think about this yourself, and then tell me what YOU believe

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins