Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
WRONG

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Dima M. on January 21, 2002 20:52:52 UTC

LOL, I wasn't saying that I believe that 13 is an unlucky number. You guys are so wrong! Yes, my last name starts with 13th letter of English alphabet. Thanks for that idea, Alex. Well, if my address had 13 in it, then that event wouldn't have been random, you know. Hey, Luis. Sorry, but I am NOT American. I am Russian. Yeah, I know such coincidences happen, but the odds are pretty small. It's just interesting. I am not a supersticious person at all. Just wanted to share my luck with you :))
Oh yeah, my student number. Thanks, Alex. My student number is 213, look at the last two digits :)) Of course, that doesn't mean a thing. Just irony.
I must say that Luis is extremely intelligent. Even though I am Russian, I live in the USA. Yeah, it's really crazy how they learn to drive so early here. I have only been in this country for two years. You're absolutely correct, I converted 6'4" to cm. How did manage to calculate the length in cm for so many digits?
Yes, yes, yes, I know that we all turn 193 months old at some point. But, like I said, that event is not random, so it doesn't count. Same thing with my height. I am sure I could use some other physical, astronomical, or chemical constants in calculations to get something close to 13. But that's cheating :)) No, 13 is nothing. It's just my favorite number. It's just interesting that several events have something in common.

Regards,
Dima (aka Dmitriy)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins