Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Theist Accepts That God Moves Things Without Proof.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alexander on January 20, 2002 21:38:08 UTC

I do not accept anything without proof. I need a proof that it (God) indeed moves planets (or electrons) and DO NOT SEE any.

Instead, math tells that planets move by constantly falling on gravitating centers - and INDEED math CORRECTLY predicts every detail of such planetary motion just from Newtonian inverse square law (= exchange by virtual gravitons in symmetric 3D space results mathematically in inverse square).

Seeing LACK of explanation and LACK of any prediction from statement "God does it" vesrus CORRECT prediction and logical explanation from math, I conclude that math is much more useful than God(s). It simply works. God does not.

Also, bringing god(s) to the scene makes total mess instead of coherent picture of universe. Now you have to explain HOW god moves planets (or electrons) at once in all the vast universe, breaking all naturall laws and all speed, power and energy limits.

Also, talking to many believers I found that they 1) simply do not know physics/math
2) do not know what they mean by God(s)
3) have no evidence of any act(s)of god(s)
4) ignore important facts about universe and natural laws.

I think, this explains WHY I prefer to rely on math more than on gods.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins