Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
:)stopping That(:friendly Assignment T' Keep Me Busy While Away

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Box Holder on January 17, 2002 20:00:40 UTC

H wrote:
Like a magician he shows you those
cards so that you are focused on the cards on the table while switches the cards in his hands. He
starts off with reasonable concerns (e.g., the problems that skeptics always cite) and then abstracts away (i.e., switches the cards).

Specific points where that occurs?
short route to communicating would be:
Please, would you take a few minutes to illustrate what you mean about the structural integrity of that paper's logic by citing another paper (not already awarded some major prize, nor already published in a major off-line journal) which is at a similar level of abstraction (and length) and which you would cite as being, step for step, much more logical and more mathematically relevant in this world.
I would read each paper carefully and compare them point by point to see what you are saying.
'I would love to return to the forum thus enlightened.'

with a comfortable Brownian motionally,
Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins