Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
What Is Our Precise Standard For Measuring Quality Of Posts?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by M.W.Pearson on January 17, 2002 17:52:45 UTC

No, I did not make the multiple user names to talk with myself. I did not realize Harv was
asking "why" I made the multiple user names.
When you "guessed" why, that is the same as a question to me. Sometimes I answer them right away.

When it appeared I was talking to myself
I was probably just noticing I needed a correction
so should I have waited for someone else to correct a typo or arithmetic error? I noticed
you were willing to argue against the Star Wars program against a giant military industrial complex's vested interests. But rarely would you argue against what i say...because i am correct in most cases, or because it is of no consequence whether i am correct or not in my calculation?
(besides, i am correct whehter my calculations are terrible or 100%)
So, you were blacklisted for being against Star Wars?
That makes no sense. It was never about real rigorous science, was it? You didn't sell the secrets to another studio, did you? It doesn't seem right? Have they made it hard to make a living, would you guess? What about Jaws? Do they blacklist for that? How about the Godfather? How about Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion? Pokemon?

To change the quality of my posts ...hm....as far as I have seen, we have no well-documented and precise standard for measuring the quality of posts. Therefore, there is no way to responsibly claim any posts are better than any others.
This will allow Aristotle's science to reestablish its hold on us. I guess he would be horrified, since he probably comprehended everything I said as well as Alexander claimed he did.

As for my names, "we choose to decrease our noise on this list for a little while...not because it is easy, but because...well, several reasons."

Departing from seriousness for a moment...
If the issues of "God" and "Science" on this forum are
technical issues only suitable for (former) laser experts, aetheists, and fussy rabbits, then their missives may be more profound than I had thought, for it means "life,the universe and everything" are really quite simple matters (or at least, it's so back in the old country)?

Returning to humor:
Who said precise language is essential in science ? Among them are
Lavoisier (founder of modern chemistry)
Einstein
(opens his book Relativity with this point)
Richard Feynman and Karl Pearson, to whom I do not claim any closer family relation than you might.
I won't be changing my name from Pearson,
though you recommended it.

Gettin' silly...
Since most persons here did not condescend to discuss the issues I raised with much depth
(or at all in most cases)
what should move a person here to be more impressed with their evaluation of "who's hot and who's not) than someone else's?

But seriously,
I am not stomping off. So if someone logs in with the user name "stomping off," it's not me :)

Perhaps you are as concerned about this as I am.
It opens the door to demagoguery.

What do you mean...did you come to Ellensburg and see me digging through my car seats for coffee money and realize who I am?

Seems several persons here had departure experiences with a government agency...with Alex it was communism, but he hasn't really left it.

Mike

Music is good.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins