Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
How Science Changed My Way Of Thinking..

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Tony Coleman on January 16, 2002 08:26:57 UTC

Ok ill start off by saying ive never posted here before and im not all high tech with my words.Im just going to tell it like i see it.
Before ever reading anything to do with our universe or astronomy i always assumed our planet would always be.But now..how everything has changed...with me now knowing that our planet will most likely be gone or dead in the far future whats to really look forward too?I mean i never really had a problem with dying but everything that defines us as living beings will be gone from what ive read(and i have done alot of reading)from what time magazine had to say last year(what got me into astronomy) our universe will turn into basically a big void or nothing.So whats to look forward too..i love our planet and never did i imagine it would be gone one day but science has told me different which is really depressing.Maybe not for some of you but for me yes it really makes me wonder what our point really was i mean we live we die and from what science tells me we will be extinct one day and out planet which is so full of life will either be dead or destroyed and in time will be a big nothing.It really is depressing so i guess thats where i turn to faith and pray that there is something after this life and that the reason for our exsistance will be answered one day.Sorry for the rambling maybe this isnt even the right place to post it but i felt like doing it anyways please excuse the misspelling.I guess lets all just make a toast to a big nothing~!~

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins