Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Sit Back... And Watch The Pretty Mushroom Cloud

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Lee on October 29, 1999 01:17:44 UTC

: As much as we know about history and life in general, and having the knowledge, technology and resources, why do we as earths citezens not force the institutionalized world to bend to our will and purposefully work toward Utopia? : I can only conclude that either people do not comprehend such an idea fully, or do not desire it becuase they have accepted the life they lead as good enough, or even fear of losing what they have now... : I would like to have comments/discussion from all the perspectives found among the users of this formum. : Thanks

The way things are headed, I really doubt it. Human greed won't allow for a utopia. Furthermore, there are as many conceptions of utopia as there are people who have them. No one would agree on anything. We'll destroy ourselves first. I agree with Greg on this point.

P.S. I was never a believer in that star trek nonsense. Such a vision overestimates what humanity is capable of.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins