Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
See, Now You Have Me All Flustered

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mike Pearson on January 12, 2002 20:28:04 UTC

repost, shortened

Hi Harv,
In the following,
I'm not being defensive...I'm just replying,
I hope courteously. The tone is relaxed.
How about giving me a civil answer as to the following points.

Harv wrote:

"It sends your credibility out the window
and . . ."

Are you playing tit for tat for when I quoted
Harv from
http://www.astronomy.net/forums/god/messages/14080.shtml?&disp=0&disp=0

Harv wrote:

" . . .any and all approaches to conceptualize the world is through the senses, and I an[d] many others contend, that pragmatic considerations is our connection with the world (not logic and not math)."

Thank you, "Mr. Science." Or is it "Mr. God?"
(smile)

Harv:

"I think, discourages a real interest in this forum by others who might normally be tempted to jump in..."

Today, I counted 45 posts *not by me* in the past 24 hours. That's above average for daily posts. (smile)
Do we need more persons to "jump in" who evaluate who's speaking more than they evaluate the merit of the comments/threads?" You hardly commented on my posts. You might succeed in discouraging me from posting. What an accompolishment from a guy who said,

I don't know whether you have consulted with the list moderator on this. Is this a request by the list moderator? Would that be in the scholarly tradition of the great Sir William Huggins, who discovered through studying specral lines that the heavenly bodies are made of the same elements as are found on Earth?

Harv wrote:

"Why don't you just use one name and speak the way that you are capable?"

"...you post under different names and even reply to yourself..."

I don't know your name. I use my real name, as the log-in requests. Is "Harv" your "real name"...the name you sign on papers you write or your checks?

Harv wrote:
eally enjoy your comments sometimes and at other times am really turned off.

It would be a service if you would make a brief list of my comments which really turned you off.

Warm regards,
Sincerely,
Michael "Mikey" "Mike" "M.W." Pearson "Applemoon"

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins