Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Why Do You Argue Against Yourself So Often?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Luis Hamburgh on January 12, 2002 15:44:54 UTC

Oh yes, I remember now... you're Alexander, product of a failed communist society (or is 'failed communist society' an oxymoron?). Your erstwhile nation chose to educate you, and sadly did not recognize your mediocre intellect... or perhaps by the time they did, it was too big an investment to forsake.

After all, against my assertion that placebos are 'effective,' you argued that placebos have "SOME effect." Hilarious! This is a lot like insisting, "whales aren't mammals! They're animals!"

Indeed, the great thing about engaging you in discussion is when someone reveals how silly you are, you're simply too stupid to see it. Hence, you continue to argue, and without realizing it you've bolstered the opinions of everyone involved. I think Pearson said it best when he questioned the veracity of 'Alexander,' whom he thought might be some caricature conceived with the express intent of making folks like me look good.

Again, I revisit my 'USSR doomed from the start' theme -- the fact that the USSR chose to educate someone so ordinary as you is proof that communism is inherently stupid, and therefore doomed.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins