Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Define God Here...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on January 11, 2002 04:16:23 UTC

I know you advocate an intelligent and sentient God, but all your doing is making arguments for the existence of some exernal force. Most of your arguments boil down to that point, and the rest of your belief system is just conjecture. "There must be a God because the Universe is incredibly complex" is not a valid argument, and neither is "If we manage to save ourselves from an asteroid using high-tech weaponry, that's God performing a miracle." I hate to say it, but I sense you grasping at straws whenever the argument proceeds beyond a generic "divine order." I hate watching you make eloquent arguments for a force external and independent of our universe, and the next moment turn around and say that an asteroid would never wipe us out because it's God's will.

I ask, if God really loves intelligent life, why are we the only Earth-species out of hundreds of millions to develop true self-awareness? Why is the vast, VAST majority of the cosmos a barren wasteland, devoid of life (hell, devoid of matter)? Why was the Library of Alexandria allowed to burn, destroying an incredible amount of knowledge and setting civilization back an estimated 1000 years?

If God is out there, I would guess that we are just a source of entertainment. :)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins