Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Fat Cells

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Greg Armel /">Greg Armel on October 23, 1999 03:13:17 UTC

Phil.o.sofir: ***I thought that these "extra" cells are how the plant "grows" larger, as well as being used during times when there is not enough food or conditions do not allow photosynthisis, such as winter. I relate mamillian fat cells to this process in a simular way. Extra brain cells are also simular, if needed they can be utilized in place of broken/damaged parts of the brain for specific reasons... Greg: I don't believe the cells I was refering to are related to growth, nor do they provide for the plant in any way. Rather they are the cells that form the carrot, or the potato or whatever that the rabbit, or whatever animal, eats. I believe similar cells exist in every root system, providing for insects that live off of roots, such as the cicada.

Phil.o.sofir: As far as trying to relate all these things to the possibility of there being a god, well, I have enjoyed such thoughts and conversations, but need to take a break from that side of the discussion because it takes up alot of time/effort and thought, but still see it as important and may continue at another time. It is neat to see how we all try out our ideas on this forum, it is a real stimulant toward truth, whatever it eventually turns out to be. Thanks Ya'll! :)

Greg: Well, it was nice talking to ya, hope we see you again.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins