Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Good Tip, Paul. Langan Gets It!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alan on January 8, 2002 06:51:44 UTC

I just read the first Q and A under the topic "Creation and Reality"; at the Langan website.

There he clearly explains the necessary interplay between freedom and constraint; limitless possibility evolving into various possibility-family-trees where anything self-consistent is still possible within the constraints of the tree's foundations (as I basically indicated in my Chess story).

See "Welcome to the "LIGHT" restaurant."

It's all in the New Testament actually: As I recall: "As you judge, so you are judged. As you consider bound on Earth, consider bound in Heaven. As you consider loosed on Earth, consider loosed in Heaven." Parables that puzzled the people with "The Kingdom of Heaven is like...." can be seen to readily relate to freedom, creation, difference, and modern physics puzzles.

Parable after parable reflects what Langan said in his answer.

I'm not sure if he knows the other stuff (about what babies know); but he is very good in the Question and Answer I just read now!

Thanks again.

-Alan

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins