Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
You're Welcome, Harv

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Paul R. Martin on December 31, 2001 04:57:55 UTC

Hi Harv,

Believe it or not I almost included a "Theorem" stated in your primitive terms with my tongue very much in my cheek, but I decided to keep it serious.

As for the point you were trying to emphasize, I am not sure it would have made the point even though I do agree with it. I have a strong suspicion that there are a few inspired individuals on earth from time to time. These few sometimes try to reveal what they know to the rest of us. In the case of great mathematicians, they have a rigorous language to use and are thus have some considerable success. Others resort to poetry or other literature and have various levels of success.

In the case of inspired mathematics, the rest of us are taught to accept their results as they are derived using pure logic from a basis of undefined terms and axioms. This method works for communicating the working concept, but it does not reveal the inspiration. I have to agree with you that even though the gibberish might be useful in correctly directing machines into doing useful work, there must still be some inspired meaning behind it all. You have made a good case.

Warm regards, and Happy New Year,

Paul

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins