Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
We Have Already Discussed That Option

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Paul R. Martin on December 30, 2001 21:05:52 UTC

Hi Alan,

Your frustration is obvious and it tugs at my heart.

>>>My impression, Paul; is that Dick only avoids talking to me because I understand too well what he is talking about; but maybe he is upset when I jump ahead of him and find things he doesn't want to know about?>>Can I recommend to you the book: "The Emperor's New Mind" by Roger Penrose.>If only Dick would read that book. Do you realise it is well known that Schrodinger's equation is intimately related to Hamilton's and Maxwell's equations; and has connections with Dirac's equation. On page 289 one learns how with a single photon, Schrodinger's equation actually BECOMES Maxwell's equations. Also one learns how for the state of a single electron, Schrodinger's equation becomes Dirac's wave equation for the electron!>My guess is that what Dick is dealing with in his paper is the actual nature of what are called "probability amplitudes". I have found a connection between what Dick is doing, and that concept.>>If you figure out exactly what game is being played when people talk of "complex numbers"; I think it's clear enough to do; then you find you are playing the same game Dick is playing in his paper.>Maybe you can talk to me if Dick will not. I have learned some more of the technical mathematical aspects. But I think its able to be simplified.>To keep computer costs down, I can't write often and need to get to the crunch issues in his paper very fast.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins