Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
My Baby Experiences Are Not A Religion

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alan on December 30, 2001 10:09:35 UTC

I have not read Joseph Smith's account; but I imagine it would be interesting to study comparitive religions.

My story is not about starting some religion; nor is it about science fiction. Perhaps unlike those who indulge in such pursuits, I invited people to expose logical inconsistencies in, or any objections to, a fuller account I published at Counterbalance.org as the topic "2001: An Inner Space Odyssey". Luis Hamburgh was kind enough to take up the challenge.

In responding to his critique I made a number of interesting discoveries. His critique largely appeared to collapse. (Topic: "Reply to Luis Hamburgh" at Counterbalance.org).

My story is just a statement of personal experience. Much of what I say can be tested; anyone could test it. I show how to. It is dangerous. However I am pleased to see the extent to which none other than Roger Penrose (a leading mathematician/ physicist) appears to agree with some of my contentions (eg. in "The Emperor's New Mind" he agrees with the idea that non-verbal much faster processes underpin verbalised thought.)

Of course our world is dictated over by a Taleban or Religious police; a positively Orwellian thought-police called psychiatry. I think their activities inhibit honest opinions generally; see www.szasz.com click on szasz materials try the article about psychiatry's phlogiston.

I don't think John Glenn is crazy. But I wish there was no "Taleban" terrorising people into silence.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins