Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
You Are My Sunshine, My Only Sunshine...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard D. Stafford, Ph.D. on December 26, 2001 15:45:39 UTC

You make me happy when skies are gray...

Paul,

I guess it is the fact that you have a math background which makes it so easy to communicate with you. As far as I am concerned, you have hit the nail right on the head both with regard to what I am trying to say and Harv's reaction to it. I get the very strong impression that Harv is just ignorant of the concept of Abstract reasoning. If I am wrong I appologize but I can think of no other reason for his complaints.

To Harv:

>>>You are talking about non-scientific observables which is a basis that science has long ago stepped far beyond.> There are very few observables studied in science that are made by the pure senses.>Many, if not most observables today, are made with electron microscopes, radio telescopes, particle accelerators, etc. These devices are so theory-laden intertwined with the observables that under your approach we cannot consider them observables.>If that is the case, then under your approach we are not even dealing with the issues of modern science. We are dealing with issues that may have confronted science prior to Galileo when he invented the telescope.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins