Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Here's A Short Post

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alan on December 23, 2001 05:16:54 UTC

(By the way, each sentence in that other post is incredibly simple. Should have been very quick to read it).

(Also, unfortunately I do not have a computer or internet. So, as the cost of public computer+internet use is substantial; I tend to post less often, but longer by typing on a word-processor first. I acknowledge your point; but if only I had internet then it would be so easy to make more, but much shorter, posts).

One point that I think you will agree Dick needs to take on board: Imagine a world of fish at great depth. The "fish scientists" find the reality that they can measure is water-based. Some fish-scientist proposes that any concept of reality is expressible as occupying water-space.

But another fish says: no way. Reality is all that is. Some reports claim another world outside water-space that you can hardly imagine. Don't go constraining reality as "occupying water space".

Or: Why shouldn't an alien civilisation in a parallel universe regard the whole community of human scientists as ONE SUBJECTIVE VIEWPOINT?

Also: Just because Dick doesn't know what city I am typing this in, doesn't mean that city doesn't exist.

Reality is not to be constrained by "the agreed view of human scientists as a group", nor be constrained to what Dick knows about, nor to be constrained to what Dick comprehends.

So I suggest Dick drop the phrase "reality"; and talk of "undefined phenomena" that are countable, that may be arbitrarily tagged; and re-arranged in various ways.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins