Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Maybe I Can Offer A Piece Of Helpful Advise

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on December 22, 2001 14:00:19 UTC

Alan,

What I've noticed about your posts is they are usually quite metaphysical, long, and deal with many, many subjects. It puts a heavy burden on anyone who wishes to reply to them since the metaphysical aspect is often confusing to understand, the length of your posts is a little daunting, and because you dwelve into so many points of various subjects your overall point is lost.

My piece of helpful advice is to take just one of the above topics and focus for a few days or so on that one topic. I know that I could never respond to the above post in totality - not because I don't want to, it is because I don't have that kind of time. Even with Dick I have asked him to narrow down the subject matter so that I can feel that I can give a full response (a full response for me is being able to tell a story with examples, etc).

If you can narrow which topic that you want to discuss with me and have one central point, then I'd be happy to discuss these issues with you. I really would appreciate short posts, at least in the beginning. As we get into a subject then maybe it will naturally grow (at which point we must consider to narrow the subject matter even further to keep the length down). Hope this is helpful in having better discussions - at least for myself.

Take Care, Harv

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins